When I started to eat clean, there were 2 things that I missed. 1) Asian Takeout; 2) EASY. I found a recipe similar to this online and have messed around with it to make it my own. Bonus? This is a GREAT way to use leftovers!
- 1 Bag of Frozen Cauliflower Rice (I buy mine from Trader Joe’s)
- 2 cups chopped leftover chicken or any other leftover steak, tofu, etc. you have lurking around
- 1 cup of any leftover veggie you have in the fridge, chopped into bite size pieces
- low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil (divided)
- Olive Oil spray
- 1 inch of minced fresh peeled ginger root
- 2 cloves of minced fresh garlic (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons minced fresh shallots (optional)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- toasted sesame seeds
- Himalayan pink sea salt to taste
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- While your skillet is heating up, defrost the bag of cauliflower rice in the microwave. I usually dump mine into a glass bowl. It takes about 3 minuets for the “rice” to lose its frostiness.
- Add 1/2 tsp of sesame oil to your warm skillet and add a little extra Olive Oil spray as well if needed. Add in the ginger and shallot (if using). After about 30 seconds, add in the garlic (if using). Sauté and stir often so the garlic does not burn. After about 1 minute, add in your defrosted cauliflower rice. Stir. Drizzle with a splash of soy sauce. Then stir and sauté for 3 more minutes, until the rice is warm and maybe even a little browned.
- Add in your diced chicken/protein. (Use your spray here if you need a little more slick on the skillet). Stir. If you have an extra veggie you are looking to throw in as well, add this to your skillet as well. Your goal here is to get everything warmed up, but not to overcook already “cooked” food.
- Scoot everything in your pan to the side. Add your last bit of sesame oil to the pan. Fry the 2 eggs in the oil. Stirring constantly. Once the egg is cooked, stir everything together.
- Divide onto 2 plates/bowls.
- Top with a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds (or the Sprinkling Yuzu Furikake if you can find it).
- If needed, add a little himalayan pink sea salt. As I put above, I try to avoid adding too much soy, but the hubs always adds more!
- Serving Size: 2
Keywords: Fried Rice, Takeout, Cauliflower, Furikake, Sesame