- 1 1/3 cups of oat flour OR about 1 1/2 cups of oats that you will blend into an oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 24 ounces cottage cheese (1% milk fat, small curd)
- 8 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom (optional)
- Preheat Waffle Iron
- If making your own oat flour, add oats to blender. Blend until a fine powder. Maybe 15 seconds. Measure out 1 1/3 cup. If you have extra, store in an airtight container and use the next time you make these!
- Add baking powder. Give it a 5 second whir. (If you want to add other spices, such as cinnamon or cardamom, this is the time to add them). Empty all of your dry ingredients to a large bowl.
- In the same blender, add cottage cheese, eggs, EVOO, and vanilla. Blend until well combined.
- Add back in your dry ingredients to the egg mixture. Blend like crazy. You may need to stop and stir a few times until all of your ingredients are mixed and you have a pale yellow batter.
- I like to pour everything back into the bowl. It is easier to scoop and you can also give it one last mix.
- Spray waffle iron with a non-stick spray. I love coconut oil spray the best for this.
- If you have the 21 Day Fix Containers, use a 97% filled red container to measure out each waffle. Otherwise, measure out just shy of 3/4 of a cup. (Tip: If you are using a waffle maker that flips upside down: Once you add in your batter, let the batter cook about a minute, THEN, flip over your waffle, otherwise, if you flip too quickly, the uncooked batter runs out and makes a mess. If you let it cook a little bit first, you are just squishing your cooked waffle and not losing it).
- Remove your waffle when it is golden, but not overly browned. You do not want to overlook at this stage. If anything, they can be slightly undercooked.
- This recipe should make about 8 waffles. Let them cool and then store them in a gallon-sized Ziploc. I usually fit 4 to a bag. Freeze.
- When you are ready to eat, place a waffle in the toaster oven. Toast until golden and warm throughout.
- Top with your favorite (healthy) topping!