I LOVE making fresh tzatziki in the summer time! It is SO easy to make at home and so much better than what you can get in the store. I opt to not put garlic in mine because I have weird garlic dairy issues. It is still delish :).
- 1 1/2 cups of Greek yogurt
- 1 cucumber, peeled
- 1/4 cup of fresh chopped dill
- 1 lemon (you will use the zest and the juice)
- Put greek yogurt into a medium bowl (same bowl you will serve from).
- Peel cucumber. Cut in half. Grate each half on a coarse grater. Transfer cucumber gratings into a fine mesh colander and squeeze out all of the excess water. You can also put in a cheese cloth and squeeze like crazy. Get the cucumber gratings as dry as you can.
- Add cucumber to the yogurt. Add in your 1/4 cup of dill.
- Zest your lemon over the bowl. Make sure not to over-zest, just get the bright yellow in there.
- Cut your zested lemon in half. Squeeze the juice from your lemon into your bowl. If you have a very juicy lemon, 1/2 is fine. If your lemon is on the dry side, use both halves.
- Stir and voila! I like to serve as a dip or with Greek Lamb Burgers, Greek Chicken Tacos, etc.