The other day I was on a MISSION to find okra. I saw an awesome recipe for grilled okra in my Food & Wine magazine and sadly there was ZERO at my Wegman’s! Boo! But when one door closes . . . another opens!
Instead, I found the cutest baby eggplants ever and my wheels immediately began to turn!
Voila to this simple and super summery veggie side!Print
- 1 container (about a pound) of baby eggplants
- 1/2 container of crumbled feta cheese
- Sea Salt
- Glug of EVOO
- 1/2 bunch of fresh mint, chopped
- 1/3 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup packed of fresh basil, chopped
- Heat a grill pan on your grill on high
- Halve the baby eggplants lengthwise and discard the tops
- Toss with salt. Wait about 15 minutes. Drain. Glug with EVOO.
- Toss eggplants on grill. Watch for flare ups!
- Grill about 4 minutes each side, until charred and done.
- Immediately toss with Feta.
- Once cooled a tad, add in the herbs.