This stuff is the real deal. What makes it even better? So often people tell me they aren’t a “shake person” and that they want to eat their food. I also hear you when you say you don’t want to give up your ice-cream. Here is the best of both worlds.
Instead of buying a pint of Halo Top (and eating the entire pint in one sitting), pace yourself and make this deliciousness instead!
The KEY to this recipe is the toppings! I have always been a topping person. Probably more so the toppings than the actual ice-cream. It goes back to my childhood when my step-father and I would load up Breyer’s Vanilla Ice-Cream with chocolate sauce, butterscotch, and slivered almonds and pecans. YUM.
But guys. This beats that. With no guilt. With no tummy upset. Bonus? This counts as a real-deal meal!
My favorite toppings include (in no particular order): unsweetened coconut flakes, raw slivered almonds, unsweetened cocoa powder, PB powder, blueberries, cacao nibs, dollop of chunky Trader Joe’s Almond Butter or Peanut Butter.Print
There are several things I hear A LOT. I like to “eat” my food, not drink it & I love dessert. Guess what? I got you!
- 1 Scoop Shakeology or 1 Packet of Shakeology (Preferably Cafe Late or Chocolate)
- 2 cups ice
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- Unsweetened coconut flakes
- Slivered Almonds or Raw Walnuts
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- PB Powder
- Dollop of Natural Almond Butter or Peanut Butter
- Peanut Butter “Magic Shell”
- Fill blender with 2 cups ice.
- Add in 1/2 – 3/4 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk (the unsweetened chocolate is good as well!). I encourage you to play with the almond milk to ice ratio until you get the consistency just right.
- Top with one scoop or packet of Shakeology.
- Blend until crazy smooth.
- Top with your fave toppings! I typically do 1 tsp unsweetened shredded coconut, 1 tsp of raw slivered almonds, and 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder.
Nutrition Info will change depending on your toppings.
Also, I have found that the WHEY based shakeo blends creamier than the VEGAN based shakeo.