This is seriously the easiest recipe ever. I cannot even truly call it a recipe. But hey, this new way of breakfast has helped at least a zillion of my challengers transform their breakfast habits and drop many pounds and many inches. It is easy, fast, convenient, and filling. A complete game changer.
And. Just so we are on the same page.
Until 2012, I DESPISED broccoli. With a vengeance. My how my taste buds have changed (thank GOD!).
Roasted broccoli (as you will see, also the easiest thing in my life) and this breakfast have transformed this veggie for me!Print
Note – when you go to defrost your broccoli — you end up needing about 2 cups of frozen to get to 1 cup defrosted. My FAVE brand is the Organic Trader Joe’s. The pieces are perfectly cut and tend to do the best.
- 2 cups of frozen broccoli florets
- 2 eggs
- drizzle of EVOO
- toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat nonstick pan over medium-high heat
- Meanwhile, place broccoli in microwave proof bowl and defrost 2 mins. Once defrosted, it should condense down to about a cup.
- Swirl EVOO in pan. Once hot, add broccoli. Sautee about 3-4 minutes. The trick is to get it lightly browned but not overcooked.
- Crack 2 eggs in pan right on top of broccoli. Stir and stir until all of the egg is cooked through and the broccoli is coated with egg.
- Once done, sprinkle with salt and and toasted sesame seeds.