HEALTHY Guilt Free French Toast Blueberry Muffins!
- 12 slices gluten free bread (I used frozen Ezekiel Bread)
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk beverage (NOT THE STUFF IN THE CAN! THE STUFF IN THE BOX!)
- 3 TBS maple syrup (the good stuff)
- 2 TBS melted ghee or butter (preferably grass-fed)
- 3/4 tsp Himalayan pink sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup wild blueberries (I used a heaping cup of frozen)
- Preheat oven to 350. Line muffin pan with muffin wrappers and give them a quick spray. I used coconut oil spray.
- Cut bread into 1/2 inch cubes (I did it while it was frozen). Place in large bowl.
- In a different bowl whisk the eggs, coconut milk beverage, maple syrup, ghee, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pour over the bread from Step 2. Get all of the bread nice and coated.
- Carefully fold in the blueberries (can be frozen).
- Divide mixture among the 12 cups. You may need to mold them a bit with your hands to cram it all in there. Trust me – you want to make 12 total!
- Bake 20-25 mins until they are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean!
- Keep 3-4 out. Use one today! Store the other 3 in the fridge and eat within about 5 days. Store the rest in the freezer.
- I pair this with spinach and eggs for the perfect pre-workout meal.