This is the EASIEST way to make the BEST shrimp ever. I use the peeled, but tails on, shrimp from Trader Joe’s or Costco. I first served these with an awesome okra salad I found from Food & Wine: Grilled Okra, Corn, and Tomato Salad. Fresh Okra and corn courtesy of my local Farmer Steve over at Rousedale Farm. If you roll your eyes and tell me you don’t like okra, try this first. It is a game changer!
The KEY to this endeavor is a Grill Basket. I suggest one like this. I use this thing pretty much daily in the summer!Print
- 1 lb raw defrosted shrimp (I do unpeeled and tails on)
- GLUG of evoo
- Himalayan Pink Sea Salt
- Place grill basket on grill. Turn grill on HIGH. Preheat to 450-500 degrees. The key here is heating up your grill basket with the grill.
- Mix together shrimp with glug of EVOO and sprinkle with salt. If your shrimp has its peels – make sure to un-peel first. Tails on is fine.
- Get your shrimp into the grill basket WITHOUT GETTING BURNED!!! The key here is to watch for flame ups! BE CAREFUL!
- Close grill. Check at the 3 minute mark and your shrimp should be a pretty pink and DONE! If you see gray, grill for another minute or so. Take care to not overcook.