Summer is coming which means my body is in the mood for salads for lunch and sometimes dinner. I was feeling a bit BLAH about it though and started going through some “ancient” cookbooks for inspiration. Doing so, I stumbled upon a recipe for a grilled chicken salad with green beans and a kalamata olive dressing and got inspired!
I didn’t really like how the author made their dressing, so I decided to make my own version and here is what I came up with. Added bonus, I created this one and container-ized it as I went to make sure you can use this as a dressing for your orange Ultimate Portion Fix container. Even better? You will use that container to help you measure everything out!
I know a ton of you have issues “getting in” that pesky orange container and this could be perfect for you. Added bonus . . . it tastes just like olive tapenade. So, whether you use it for a salad or for a dip, you are in the clear!Print
Kalamata Olive Dressing
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 3 servings 1x
Perfect Dressing to Pair with a Grilled Chicken Salad or even use as Tapenade to dip your veggies! 1 orange container = 1 serving
- 22 kalamata olives (I can squish 11 olives into the orange, so 2 oranges of olives)
- 1 orange container of olive juice (from the jar you got your olives in) — if you don’t have enough juice, you could do a squeeze of lemon and an orange of water (or 2 TBS)
- 2 tsp of dijon mustard
- 1 orange container of olive oil (2 TBS)
Hint: the orange container = 2 TBS
- Throw everything into a mini cuisanart or blender.
- Blend. Use or store in the fridge for several days.
- Lick bowl 🙂
- This makes 3 servings
- Serving Size: 2 TBS/1 Orange Container