The other day when PARSLEY showed up in my Instacart order instead of CILANTRO . . . I had a sudden craving for tabbouleh! Alas, I don’t really want to waste my carbs/yellow containers on bulgur wheat . . . so I substituted cauliflower rice instead and I couldn’t tell a difference! The tastes and textures were the same!
I served this with some pan seared salmon and had this for breakfast 3 days in a row. Great way to get in a protein and a veggie easily in the AM (yes I eat this for breakfast! Why not!?) . For my Portion Fix people, this is 1 Red, 1 Green, and 1 tsp.
Save those yellows for wine and margaritas people!Print
Yummy low carb tabbouleh with all of the same tastes and textures as your traditional tabbouleh, but without any guilt whatsoever.
- Bunch of Parsley (big one). WASHED and chopped.
- Juice from one JUICY lemon or 2 regular lemons
- 10 cherry tomatoes halved
- glug of EVOO
- 12 oz of cauliflower rice (I use 1 Bag of Trader Joes which yields about 2+ cups) – defrosted
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeds removed, and chopped
- Make sure your parsley is super duper washed. It tends to hold grit and you do not want that in here!
- Make sure your riced cauliflower is at room temperature.
- Combine parsley, cauliflower rice, and cucumber.
- Juice lemon directly over veggies and stir to combine.
- Add a glug of EVOO. Stir.
- Fold in halved cherry tomatoes
- Taste and adjust if you need more lemon or EVOO
- Enjoy! Mine lasted in the fridge for about 4 days!